Friday 25 October 2013

Point A to B 

Points of Interest. Shortest Point. Get the Point.

I DECLARE!

By Karen Laimite
Membership Coordinator

The drum is beating ever-louder from economists, development experts and advocates who insist that women and girls are the key to nearly everything needed for a sustainable future, from global health to food security to economic growth. In business, mounting evidence shows women's leadership correlates with long-term outperformance.” This was stated by David Bank, an editor at the Huffington Post. In his blog , he says that women’s empowerment will be transformative and he mentions girls too.

So inspiration is what fuels my words. I have seen a constant trend in young adolescent girls who are passionate about creating change for their futures. Adolescent girls who  know what they want to accomplish and are proactive enough to do what I takes NOW to make that change a reality. I am wowed by the passion, I am wowed by the understanding they have of what needs to change, I am truly inspired by these young female leaders and am motivated to help spread their message.

Earlier this week I was introduced to The Girl Declaration- A call to action for the post 2015 development agenda: it's time to stop poverty before it starts, see here . Now I want to introduce you to these same young women who are looking to create change. They are the key to a solution, they know they were not put on this earth to be invisible and they have a voice and will use it! Let them be an inspiration to you as well. Watch the video




We all have a purpose, we all have a voice, let's make our time count! Don't be afraid to dream and bring your potential to the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment